Thursday, September 23, 2010

Melbourne Art Festival

I went to the Melbourne Art Festival forever ago (April 25), wrote up a draft post, and then never got around to posting it.  Anyways, I saw lots of fun stuff. 

The more I learn about glass work, the more I look at it, and think "I could do that."  Not now, but after I practice some more, and maybe get some better equipment.

My Dad went to the Art Fest. the day before I did.  He really liked Dianna J. Dinka's beads, and brought me home her business card.   Her jewelry is chunky and bright. 


Another glass bead artist there was Sandy Lent. Her beads look more nature inspired.  Many shells, pieces resembling sea glass, and more. 


I also really liked the sculptures by Susan Gott. That is something I don't think I will ever be able to do.

Not glass related, but I really enjoyed Lorri Honeycutt's Big World Photo series. I kind of want to buy my dad one for Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment